I’m a freelance creative project manager with a diverse portfolio of work;
I’ve organised events, digitised films, curated and installed exhibitions, made apps, researched 13th century castles, and wrangled huge databases into shape.
I’ve worked in heritage, construction, and games.
You can find some details of my work below.
If you want to chat about how I can help you, please do get in touch.
‘Creative Geek’ / Project Manager / Director – TIME/IMAGE — 10/2010–PresentI founded this creative consultancy out of a Future Jobs Fund work creation scheme, developing successful relationships with many institutions and managing a diverse range of projects.
Selected projects at TIME/IMAGE :
- Project Manager; Zutec; 2017-2019
- Management of a database project on behalf of a construction software firm; involving taxonomy design, database design, content tracking, contributor co-ordination, stakeholder management, leading technical workshops.
- Logistics & AV, MuseTech; Museums Computer Group; 2018-2019
- A voluntary committee role for the benefit of the museums sector; involving general project management, event logistics, and public speaking.
- Co-facilitator, RawMinds Project; Wellcome Trust; 2019
- Co-facilitation of workshop teaching and helping groups of teenagers to make videogames for an upcoming exhibition.
- Facilitator, NowPlayThis; Matheson Marcault; 2017-2019
- Installation and facilitation of the NowPlayThis at Somerset House as part of London Games Festival; involving exhibition installation, technical support, and public liaison.
- Researcher & Assistant; Matheson Marcault for English Heritage; 2018
- Research for and public playtesting of a card game designed as on-site interpretation for a 13th century castle; involving historical research, data collation, and public liaison.
- Project Manager, India on Film; British Council and BFI; 2017
- Management of project launching a colonial film archive collection online; involving content tracking & co-ordination, international stakeholder management, £20k budget management, video editing, content writing, marketing.
- Research Assistant; Culture Counts; 2016
- Audit and cleaning of audience-generated data, and data analysis.
- Creative Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Poetic Places; British Library; 2015-2017
- Design and creation of free locative poetry app for mobile, made with a £5k budget and no coding skills, receiving 10k+ downloads and positive media coverage; involving design, market research, archival research,
- Curator & Project Manager, View From Here Exhibition; British Council; 2014
- Design and implementation of an exhibition off Trafalgar Square; involving client & supplier liaison, budget management, technical installation, copywriting, and public speaking.
- Project Manager; VisitBritain; 2013
- Audit and cataloguing of film archive plus management of digitisation; involving historical research, copywriting, data analysis, stakeholder management.
- Project Manager, British Council Film Collection; British Council; 2010–2014
- Management of project digitising, researching, and launching 1940s film collection online to huge success with over 1 million views and and over 30 million positive news impressions; involving £50k budget management, creative project development, digitisation, video editing, research, web design, copywriting, marketing strategy and materials, interviews on national & local radio, event coordination.
- Knowledge Exchange Fellowship; University of Nottingham; 2012
- Exploration of audience-led curatorial concepts leading to written work and public exhibition; involving research, copywriting, technical workshops, exhibition management.
- Community Supervisor; Centre for Creative Collaboration (C4CC); 2010–2014
- Voluntary management of community at innovative collaborative workspace; involving event management, web design, community management.
- Marketing and Publicity Intern – The British Museum Press —08/2010–12/2010
- Footage Logger – Wildcard Productions — 08/2009–09/2009
- I’ve organised and facilitated a number of games events in collaboration with the British Library including Off the Page (2017), Wordplay London (2017), and Off the Page: Chapter 2 (2019).
- I’ve established Badgical Kingdom—an online shop selling brooches and enamel pins inspired by Public Domain artworks.
- I have spoken at a number of events including Museums+Tech and Discovering Collections, Discovering Communities, as well as live on local and national radio.
- I’ve completed the challenging Duke of Edinburgh Award to the Gold level.
- Adept on Microsoft and Apple Macintosh systems.
- General skills include desktop publishing, video editing, and game-making.
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign and Photoshop) and Final Cut Pro.
- Intermediate skills with Unity.
- Very experienced with data-wrangling, adept with databases and spreadsheets.
- Diverse general digital knowledge and quick to pick up new software.
- Copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading skills; excellent written English.
- A confident public speaker with experience of giving talks at large conferences, representing organisations at events, running software training sessions, and leading meetings.
- In my spare time I make boardgames and videogames, and am an active member of MakePlayCode—a game-making girl gang based in Brighton. I’ve also been working to map game-makers’ meet-ups to help people get into games and am attempting to publicly archive fringe games events.
- I attend a lot of games events and help out as a volunteer at a few of them (including Feral Vector, Global Game Jam Brighton, and Pop Up Arcade).
- I enjoy Modern Jive dancing.
- University of Nottingham (2006 – 2009) — 2:1 BA (Hons) Classical Civilisation
- Loughborough High School (1999 – 2006) — 4 A-Levels: Classical Civilisations (A), Fine Art (B), Biology (B), General Studies (B); 1 AS-Level (C); 9 GCSEs (A–B)